Dudes. My pants don’t fit! I think I’ve been eating too much. It’s really gross. So, for the next two weeks, I’ll be revisiting my lovely 100-yard diet from the summer of 2007.
Rules and motivations are slightly different. Let me explain.
1. Too much Chinese food giving me a muffin top, and extra fat layer is making a strange rippling feeling when I walk.
2. Almost spring, time to clean out the whole system. I’ll be using an herbal “deep cleanser” if you know what I mean. It’s been at least five years since my last intestinal cleanse.
3. Bill’s on vacation so I can stay focused.
4. Not getting any younger.
5. Reading Tom Brown, the wilderness survival guru and loving it. Though he looks a little pudgy in his author photo (how can this be if he’s eating acorns and wild nettles all day long?), he’s reminding me that my body is a tool for living, not a carcass for hiding out in. Or something like that.
1. Food from the garden only. No Chinese take-out. This includes: rabbit, vegetables, Bebe’s ever-loving milk, cheese, and sorbet (maybe this won’t work to melt pounds). I am going over to Hank’s for dinner, so that’s my one exception.
2. Wild-foraged food okay. Includes ‘shrooms, branches, nettles, and sea salt.
3. Pantry food okay that I’ve grown or picked myself: applesauce, tomatoes, pickles, olives.
Don’t worry: I’m no longer drinking coffee, this is going to be painless.
There, I told you, so don’t let me cheat!! This starts tomorrow, Thursday, February 25, ends March 11.